Visit of Saint-Cirq-Lapopie
Perched on its rocky outcrop since the 8th C., the village most of which is listed heritage, has preserved its mediaeval architecture. One of the "Most Beautiful Villages in France" and voted "The Favourite Village of the French" in 2012, the charm of Saint-Cirq-Lapopie captivates numerous artists who invite you into their studios to see how they produce their work. Great names of 20th C. art have left their mark : visit the Rignault Museum, the André Breton House and that of Pierre Daura, now an international centre for contemporary creation. Skilled artisans, the "Trouvaille en Quercy" antiques/second hand shop in Tour de Faure or the décor boutique "Petites Trouvailles"… here, you're in the paradise of bargain-hunters and lovers of beautiful objects.
What a pleasure it is to cool off in the water of the Lot in summer when it gets hot !
In a landscape of forests and cliffs, down below "one of the Most Beautiful Villages in France", enjoy the natural or supervised beaches of Saint-Cirq-Lapopie for a bathe in the river just a short way from the hôtel.
Beside the river, you'll also find the perfect place for a siesta in the open air, a morning jog, a fishing expedition or a picnic made up for you by Le Saint Cirq Gourmand (meal baskets). Explore the river and its ecosystem during a walk along the unmissable towpath hewn from the base of the limestone cliffs not far from Saint-Cirq-Lapopie.
The hôtel's swimming pools
The Spa's indoor pool has a view over the undulating countryside and its natural light encourages relaxation. Heated, it is open all year round, every day from 9-9.30.
From April to October, you can relax beside our two heated outdoor swimming pools. They are perfectly sited so that you can swim whilst enjoying the view over the mediaeval village of Saint-Cirq-Lapopie.
Rambling, starting from the hôtel
Along beside the rivers, beneath the cliffs, on the Causses du Quercy or on the towpath… Saint-Cirq-Lapopie in the Lot valley is an idyllic destination for open-air activities.
We'll help you choose from the many itineraries which cross this part of the Lot. Take a walk, cycle or go horse-riding or long-distance walking through a wide variety of landscapes dotted with historic monuments and local heritage, reflecting our traditions. Children or adults, sports enthusiasts or those who prefer the slow lane, everyone can find a path to suit them.
Se retrouver en amoureux
En été, pour profitez des nombreuses animations et toute l’année pour faire l’expérience de la quiétude qui règne à Saint-Cirq-Lapopie. Parce que nous prenons soin des couples, nous vous avons concocté une petite liste d’expériences à vivre à deux :
- Réserver la la privatisation du Spa By Night
- Bouquiner sur la terrasse de votre chambre
- Marcher main dans la main où le vent vous mène
- Contempler la nature depuis notre jardin et vivre l’instant présent…
- Réserver une table au Gourmet Quercynois ou à La Tonelle et profiter, depuis l’hôtel Le Saint Cirq, de la navette gratuite en soirée - un tête-à-tête gourmand.
- Vivre l’aventure d’une descente en canoë avec Kapalca Loisirs.
A weekend just for two
In summer, to enjoy the many events that take place, and all year round to experience the peace and quiet of Saint-Cirq-Lapopie. Because we take special care of couples, we have devised a little list of experiences to share for you :
- Reserve the Spa By Night all to yourselves
- Reading on the terrace of your bedroom
- Strolling hand in hand wherever the breeze takes you
- Contemplating Nature from our garden and enjoying the present moment…
- Reserve a table at the Gourmet Quercynois or La Tonnelle and take the free evening shuttle from the Hôtel Le Saint Cirq, for a delicious tête-à-tête.
- Experience the adventure of a canoe trip with Kalapca Loisirs.